Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not Just My Dad

Most children grow up wanting to emulate their parents. Any numbers of playgrounds are filled with boys discussing the exploits of their fathers - the touchdowns, home runs, even the hot rods owned or the motorcycles ridden. Sometimes, those visions of greatness fade as children grow to adults and reputations adjust to reality. I do not support Allen Griffith for Congress because he is my dad - although I have seen him hit the home runs!

Allen Griffith is not a hero of boyhood reputation, he is a tested hero of integrity supported by forty plus years of living with God as the true center of his life and he has never wavered. He is not your common preacher - the church he pastored grew from 18 people to well over 1000 and in that time he started schools, radio programs, and was responsible for numerous divisions growing that ministry to a multi-million dollar facility, million dollar budgets, and after 26 years? No debt.

Allen Griffith is not your common citizen, he has served with distinction as the President of the American Council of Christian Churches representing his faith throughout the world, yet he is not your common businessman, as he has fought the battles for truth in Washington, testifying before congress in the "Don't ask, don't tell" debate and standing up to the IRS regarding tax exemption for non-profits.

Allen Griffith is not your common candidate. Our founders knew that the truest freedom is religious freedom and studying the foundational truths of our nation go hand in hand with an understanding of the Bible, God's Word. He is bound to truth - biblical and constitutional and speaks it without apology but with authority.

Would I love to see my Dad in congress? Absolutely! Am I supporting him because he is my dad? Absolutely not! Truly listen to his answers in the debates and forums. I support Allen Griffith because of his convictions, his character, his Constitutional stands, and his commitment to leading our district in honesty, integrity and principle. Allen Griffith is my dad, but not just my dad.